17 September 2020 - Brussels
The 12th meeting of the Brussels Dialogue on Climate Diplomacy (BDCD) was held on Thursday, 17 September 2020 and hosted by NATO (Policy Planning Unit, Office of the Secretary General).
The aim of on-line video conference was to hear from civil society and other key stakeholders how they see NATO’s role in mitigation of climate change and adaptation to climate security challenges.
- Keynote Presentation: Rear Admiral RN (Ret.) Neil Morisetti, Vice Dean (Public Policy), Faculty Engineering Sciences at University College London / Member, Global Military Advisory Council on Climate Change (GMACCC)
- Dr. Benedetta Berti, Head of Policy Planning, Office of the Secretary General (NATO-PPU)
- Alice Hill, David M. Rubenstein Senior Fellow for Energy and the Environment, Council on Foreign Relations
- Ronald A. Kingham, Executive Director, Environment & Development Resource Centre (EDRC)
- Olivia Lazard, Environmental Peacemaking Expert / Visiting Researcher, Carnegie Europe / Policy Advisor, EDRC
- Dr. Malin Mobjörk, Programme Director, Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI)
- Dr. Radostina Primova, Senior Analyst, Economic Program, Center for the Study of Democracy, Sofia
- Dr. Jamie Shea, Professor of Strategic Studies, University of Exeter
- Alexander Verbeek, Policy Director, Environment & Development Resource Centre (EDRC)
Related article >> Innovating Approaches to tackle Security Threats of Climate Change: Civil Society groups advise NATO on how they see its role in the mitigation of climate change and adaptation to climate security challenges